Monday, August 13, 2012

August 13, 2012 - One of the Best Weeks

This has been one of the BEST weeks in my mission. Why? Because so many wonderful things happened this week. I have felt truly blessed because I have seen first hand the work and glory of God, and what a glorious work it is! My companion and I were talking the other day about how it is times like these that we feel like we could live here and be missionaries for the rest of our lives. And it is because there is so greater joy than seeing the work of the savlation of souls, to see people change their hearts, accept the Gospel and start to live it with their families!

We have been teaching a really amazing family! Yesterday the father of the family who holds the priesthood had the opportunity to baptize his wife (who the first time we visited her said she would never go to church and never get baptized!). They have started having family prayer every night, the mom did a little missionary work when she explained to her own parents why she had made the decision to be baptized and was able to bear her testimony about the Gospel. One of the sons and the daughter-in-law bore their testimonies in church, and the mom and daughter were so touched by the hymn 'Love at Home' that they got teary-eyed during the baptismal service! These are small, but simple demonstrations to me of true conversion to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And seeing the conversion of others strengthens my own conviction that this is the Church of Jesus Christ and this is the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and there is no other way given that leads to eternal life and happiness!

In the baptismal service my companion and I sang a song called Courageously by Jenny Philips (but we sang it in Spanish).


Needless to say, it was a very special week/weekend. I feel a little bit like Alma when he said "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me." (Alma 29:9-10)

The Lord is so merciful and I feel privileged to be able to be an instrument in His hands. I hope you too can find opportunities in your life to be an instrument in the Lord's hands in serving others and helping them to feel the love of God, and come unto him.

With much love, Hermana Bowns

Here is a picture of me and my wonderful companion
 making a delicious treat.
_

No comments:

Post a Comment