Monday, December 17, 2012

December 17, 2012 - Oh, come, all ye faithful

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

My companion and I are in full swing christmas-ness:) On Wednesday we had a mission Christmas devotional and we sang (well my companion sang and I played the piano) an arrangement of Oh Little Town of Bethlehem with the music of Jesus the Very Thought of Thee. (Even though we had only put it together the day before it still turned out great). Then on Sunday there was a stake choir concert...every ward had a choir and got to sing a couple songs. I was the pianist for my ward and we sang Joy to the World, A Shepherd's Carol, He Sent His Son, and Away in a Manger! I love singing Christmas music. There is just something so special about it.

This week we knocked on a lady's door and offered to sing her a Christmas song since she didn't want to listen to a message...she said yes! Turns out she worked there and took care of a sick elderly lady. My companion and I sang Away in a Manger and the elderly woman began to cry. She too had been a singer, but now with her age and illness she didn't sing anymore. It was a sweet moment to share with her and to feel the love that God has for all of His children :)

I hope you can feel the Spirit of Christmas more in your life this year as you listen to the songs that speak of His birth and life! This Christmas for me is special because with all this singing, I feel focused on the real reason for Christmas...the Savior. I know He lives and He loves us. He came to this earth to save us and show us the way to make it back to our Heavenly Father. And it is His humble birth that we celebrate with such zeal this month:)
Oh, come, all ye faithful, Joyful and triumphant!
Oh, come ye, oh come ye to Bethlehem.
Come and behold him, Born the King of angels;
Oh, come, let us adore him; Christ, the Lord.

Sing, choirs of angels, Sing in exultation;
Sing, all ye citizens of heav'n above!
Glory to God, Glory in the highest;
Oh, come, let us adore him; Christ, the Lord.

Yea, Lord, we greet thee, Born this happy morning;
Jesus, to thee be all glory giv'n.
Son of the Father, Now in flesh appearing;
Oh, come, let us adore him; Christ, the Lord.

(Oh, Come, All Ye Faithful - Hymn 202)

Merry Christmas, with love, Hermana Bowns
_

No comments:

Post a Comment