Monday, December 31, 2012

December 31, 2012 - New Years

Resolutions & Goals

Well Christmas has passed us by and now 2013 is upon us. I love the new year when we see what we have accomplished last year and set new goals for this year. I always like to pick a general conference talk as the theme for the new year. This year I have picked Elder Dieter F. Utchdorf's talk from Oct 2012 called Of Regrets and Resolutions. He encourages us to make three big resolutions

  1. To spend more time with those we love.
  2. To strive more earnestly to become the person God wants us to be.
  3. To find happiness, regardless of our circumstances.

In the goals that I set for the new year these will be the underlying purposes. Elder Utchdorf talks about these because in a study done with people who are close to dying, when asked what they regretted most in their life, these were the three most common themes.

I haven't set my goals yet, but I am sure next week I will have them ready to report:)

Peace and Joy

This week we started teaching an 80 year old woman. She is so special. The Spirit is always so strong when we teach her. She receives a lot of opposition from her family and friends who don't want her to listen to us, and every time we go to her house she tells us that she isn't going to listen to us anymore, but after we pray and start talking about the Gospel and about the Plan of Salvation there is such a spiritual feeling in the room, and with tears in her eyes she always ends by thanking us for coming and telling us what a peace and joy she feels when she listens to us. I really love her, and hope that she will be able to keep learning about the Gospel. We pray for her all the time:)

This week was a week for rejoicing in the small and simple things of life and recognizing the hand of the Lord. I am hoping next week will be the same:) Look for God's hand in your life, it makes everything better!

Love you!
Hermana Bowns
_

No comments:

Post a Comment