If you are reading this you probably already know where I am and what I am doing, but I'll tell you again. I am living in Texas with my sister helping her out while she is on bed rest during her 3rd pregnancy. Baby 3 is due any day now and I am getting antsy. Once he comes that means my magical days here are numbered. Living with my two nieces has been, potentially, one of the best times of my life. Here are some of the priceless things I will miss VERY much:
- Being woken up with my door slammed open and Baby Beluga coming in and saying "Hi Di!" and giving me a big hug and then promptly asking for "body lotion". (I have BBW lotion by my bed). I put a little on her hands, she rubs it in and then shoves her hands in my face waiting for me to smell and say "Mmmmm!"
- Big Sis using this excuse to get out of bed when she should be sleeping, "Aunt Di, I forgot to give you a hug and a kiss!"
- Singing "Give Said The Little Stream" and "I Am A Child of God" and "I Love to See The Temple" (at her request) to Baby Beluga before her nap.
- Catching Baby Beluga singing to herself.
- Reading "one more story" to Big Sis...the other day I think I said that 6 times before we actually stopped reading:)
- Teaching Big Sis new songs during bath time. We've already mastered Mom's old "Mare's Eat Oats" song and are working on Ry's "I'm Peanut Butter and You're My Jelly".
- Going to the swing park by our house and riding on the double-sided swing (now affectionately called Sven - from Frozen). We yell "Go Sven! Go!" and pretend we are racing to save Arendell and freeze all the nasty Texas bugs.
Sigh. This has been the best Mom Internship ever! I was made for this life. I will be so sad to return to my normal work life. But, newsflash, I've decided to find work here and become a real Texan...at least for a little while.