Monday, September 3, 2012

September 3, 2012 - Be Happy!

Hola hola!

Well I am finally getting situated in my new sector...I know how to get to the chapel and the grocery store!! Haha, I know more than that, but I am still getting used to such a big confusing sector.

I also just started teaching Cooking Class where I teach recipes from the US. Last week was Grandma Corkey's surprise cookies (cookies don't really exist here)...next week Muddy Buddies!

I also started up Piano Class here, the whole young men and young women group from the ward came! Awesome! I didn't know what to do with so many students and only one piano. But we'll see how many come next week, learning piano takes patience, practice and persistence, I hope they hang in there to be able to learn something useful:)

Chilean Cultural Tidbit:

You can buy a lot of things here in a bag that in the states they sell always in containers...for example, mayonaise, ketchup, mustard, hand soap, shampoo, manjar (which is like peanut butter), jelly, and a whole lot of other things. It's a little more messy, but saves space!

For Independence Day here it is an obligation to hang the Chilean flag on your house. Luckily someone gave me a Chilean flag as a gift. We are going to put it up outside our house today! The 18th is just around the corner and everyone is getting ready for the festivities:)

Adjusting

These past two weeks have been a little rough, getting adjusted to a new sector, taking on the responsibility of senior companion, etc. So this upcoming week my motto is to BE HAPPY! I have a lot of little quotes that I keep by my desk to remind me. Here are some of the things they say:

"Don't get down no matter what!"

''Some worry endlessly over this or that or whatever...it doesn't please the Lord when we worry for not doing enough. Man is that he might have joy - Live that way!''

''Love the mission and have fun!''

Sometimes I get down when I feel like I'm not improving or not doing the best I can, but getting down is counterproductive and so this week I am going to be happy even if I am struggling. There is no point in pouting, its a waste of time. So I promise that when I feel dicouraged I am going to smile and think positively and keep working and striving to do my best! I invite you to join me! This week will be a week full of smiles and positive thoughts all over the world:)

Love, Hermana Bowns
_

No comments:

Post a Comment