Monday, January 7, 2013

January 7, 2013 - Happy New Year

Week of miracles.

I am pretty sure that more than once me and my companion returned home from work at night kneeled down and the only thing we could do was give thanks in prayer to our Heavenly Father for his mercy and blessings. We found two families to teach this week. Both of whom want to come to church. Now it is our job to teach these wonderful families and help them see the beauty and value of the Gospel.

My companion and I are really enjoying ourselves and the work we are doing. My companion is really funny and we are always laughing:)

New Years in Chile

This week to celebrate in the new year, we didn't do a whole lot. We worked like usual, and then waited for midnight watching Together Forever (a church video about God's plan for His children) and eating white peaches. Then at midnight we went downstairs to hug our landlady and wish her and her mom a happy new year. Here the traditions are that the families have a big dinner on New Year's Eve, and give a new years hug at midnight (then if you hadn't seen someone since the new year, you give them a hug when you see them...people are still giving us new years hugs:)

More on Goals

I still haven't set my new year's goals,  but I did find a scripture that i want to keep in mind when I do sit down and start thinking: Doctrine and Covenants 88:67-68
67 And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things.
 68 Therefore, sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, and the days will come that you shall see him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will.
I want this year to be filled with light, and that all my goals be ''single to the glory of God'' so that I will recognize His hand in my life. I hope you have all set some good goals and that they are focused on doing what the Lord would have you do this year:) I love the Lord, and I have felt His love so strongly. I know that as we do His will, He will make us more than we are capable of making ourselves.

I love you! Thanks you for your consistent love and support, and your unceasing prayers in my behalf, I have felt their effect:)

Love, Hermana Bowns


_

No comments:

Post a Comment